Friday, June 27, 2008

I wanna be like Jesus!

Soo, a few days ago at work I had a 4 yr. old boy come up to me and say " I wish I could be Jesus." Well I thought how sweet if there's anyone we should want to be the most like its Jesus, and then I started thinking do I try hard enough everyday to do my best, Do I even think about it, or just get caught up in just getting through the day? Well I know that I do want to be like Jesus and I know sometimes I fail to try each day. So what do you think we can do each day to please our God? just some thoughts that went through my head... Oh and I did ask the little boy why he wished that, and it wasn't exactly what I was thinking lol... He says to me " Well so I can turn giant and beat up big foot!!!" I guess he had watched a movie on big foot and it really scared him, So I tried to explain that yes Jesus protects us but he would never beat anyone or thing up!!!

9 comments:

pandama said...

sissy thats soooo cute how funny that your getting all spiritual and thought prevoked than he talks about beating up giants. well im glad your thinking good thoughts and just wanting to please God convinces me that God will show you his will and lead you to do it each day. just my thoughts

Sis Stubby said...

I so agree with you.I want to be like Jesus! That is why we are called christian.Christ like.It is hard some days.But we just keep on keeping on.Reading the bible will help. For then we now what Christ was like.
O.K.enought of my rambling

Sis. Frankie said...

Even though the little guy had a different motive then what we would have, kids can sure say things to make you think. I agree with you, I wanna be like Jesus too. I really want to see Jesus!!

Sis. Leah said...

Awww how cute. It is amazing what kids can come up with. And how what they say can really make you stop and look at things. I too want to be like Jesus. This is one of the things I strive to do. I can't wait for the day I meet Jesus in the air.

carimarie said...

That is such a cute story, little kids are too funny! I think we all strive to be like Jesus, Im just so thankfull we have him to call on when we fail or feel like we are coming up short he is so good and patient with us, we are all so lucky to have such a kind father in heavan!

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Lol, thats too funny! And good things to think about. I actually think about that quite a bit when I'm with the kids I baby-sit.

Missed you so much while we were gone! We should go for a walk tomorrow! ;)

Sister D said...

I'm just now getting around to catching up on the blogs and came across your sweet post. Thanks for giving us the best chuckle this morning. I love the things kids say, and the way it makes us stop and think sometimes. I am so comforted that even though we can't see our Father, He is in each of us helping us to be just like him. Sure love you!

Charlotte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlotte said...

I love your post.
What sweet thoughts to ponder. I too want to be more like our sweet Lord. Full of His love for one another. I love you and can't wait to see you.